After reading about other mommy blogs in our Parenting magazine, I made a promise to this blog that even if time didn't allow a glorious 10-page entry or 3 dozen photos with flawless and well thought out captions, that I would give this diary the time of day and be consistent. With that said, I've gone back to the basics and pledge dedicated time whether it be 5 minutes or 30, just to brag on my family and/or not leave the day/week behind without leaving my mommy "mark."
So much to share...
Christian is 11 months old and is officially walking now! He was a great swimmer (on carpet of course) and after learning how to crawl so fast that his little arms and legs would fall from under him he planned his next adventure with great care and took his first steps. Of course I didn't officially witness his "first" steps but his fourth and tenth ones were just as profound. Small price to pay for being a working mommy; you may not catch all those moments the first nanosecond around but you witness them nonetheless.
Let's see, what else - he had his baby dedication in March (pics coming soon), Mother's Day rocked, and I struck a careful balance with the new job and the family. So far, June has been a hectic season in and of itself and kind of kicks off what has now become a summer series. We have Daddy's birthday (June 19), then Father's Day always a few days after, Christian's birthday (July 10), and then Mommy's birthday (August 18) - not to mention, the grandparents anniversary (43 years this year) and Uncle Jojo's birthday on 8/26. What can I say? We're all sun babies. I'm sure there's something very profound that I could come up with correlating our summer birthdays with something that sounds important... but, alas, I like to just think that Christian completes us and more importantly, connects us as a family. After all, one Gemini, a crab (Cancer) and a Leo all in one house makes for a well-balanced atmosphere :)
Sweet dreams for now - more lies ahead in the days to come.

1 comment:
'BOUT TIME! LOL... well I still can't believe he's almost 1. and walking. You'll blink and he'll be running. When are y'all starting him on capoeira?? LOL. Anyway, love you guys and give Christian a kiss for me (see y'all in a couple of weeks!)
Post a Comment